A superb educational system is one of the many special distinctions of the Danville Boyle County area. View the list of education resources. The number of students who go on to excel speaks to the quality of the educational system. Centre College is rated as one of the country's top 50 liberal arts colleges. U.S. News and World Report selected Centre College as the 4th - best value among national liberal arts colleges. Centre is also ranked by Money Magazine among the top 50 "Best Buys", institutions that "provide the best education in America for the prices they charge".
Delivering on its reputation as a U.S. News top-50 national liberal arts college with a faculty ranked Number 12 in the nation by the Princeton Review, Centre College follows a single mission unchanged since its 1819 founding: to prepare students for exemplary lives of work and service through personal education. No better proof of this can be seen than in the Centre Commitment, which guarantees students an internship or research experience, the opportunity to study abroad and graduation in four years (or up to a year of tuition is free provided students have met academic and social expectations). Centre's continued record of achievement is best evidenced by the success of its graduates-an average 97% are employed or in advanced study within 10 months of graduation. Centre alumni also offer a strong endorsement, landing the College among the top 10 in the nation for annual giving (U.S. News and World Report) and the title "Happiest Graduates in the Nation" (The Alumni Factor).
Boyle County Schools
- Both Boyle County Public Schools and Danville Independent Schools are highly regarded for excellence in programs, and student achievement.
- Boyle County is a Distinguished District. Our Kprep scores put us in this category.
- A top 10 district in the state of Kentucky. The High School ACT average is 20.6.
- Elementary schools (combined) ranked 6th in the state.
- Preschool program in all three elementary schools.
- The certified adult to student ratio at elementary is 17 to 1 at Middle and High School 20 to 1.
- The arts are highly valued at Boyle County. Offerings provided during the school day or in after school clubs include: Strings, Chorus, Jazz, Piano, Forensics, Local Theater, Art Clubs, Dance (ballet, modern and Jazz).
- Spanish is part of the curriculum K-12 and Mandarin Chinese is offered at the High School level.
- Black and Gold Summer Academy provides STEM and Arts and Humanities offerings for all grades. Beyond the Bell is designed to help students keep from regressing academically during the summer months.
- Engagement through cooperative learning, project-based learning and technology expansion.
- 18 Advanced Placement offerings at the High School. Local colleges have provided high school students with over 60 hours of dual credit opportunities.
- 90% of graduates enroll in college.
- Over $3,000,000 in scholarships are awarded annually.
Danville Independent Schools
The mission of the Danville Schools is to provide educational opportunities in a safe and secure environment, empowering all students to reach their full potential, and be contributing members of society.
The Danville Schools have been selected as one of the four original "Districts of Innovation" in the state of Kentucky (now one of seven) for a willingness to initiate a change in the way we prepare our students for success in the 21st century and beyond.
Kentucky School for the Deaf
Kentucky School for the Deaf is one of the most respected schools for the deaf in the nation. The school serves as the statewide educational resource center on deafness.
Several private elementary and middle schools are also located in Danville and the surrounding area. Danville Christian Academy and Central Kentucky Christian School are both available as alternatives to public education, as well as the Montessori Elementary and Montessori Middle school systems.
Danville Christian Academy
Danville Christian Academy has been in operation since 1996. We house preschool through 12th grade. We currently have 201 students enrolled. Our facility is located at:
2170 Shakertown Road
Danville, KY 40422.
Our phone number is 859-236-2177. Our fax number is 859-236-6759. Debbie Lucas is the headmaster. Dr. Stephen Dupree is the assistant headmaster. Christy Crouch is the school counselor. The mission of Danville Christian Academy is to provide students with academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment to help them grow spiritually, academically, and socially.
Danville Montessori School
Danville Montessori School is a private, non-profit, non-discriminatory educational institution chartered under the laws of the commonwealth of Kentucky. The school is an American Montessori Member School. Montessori Education offers individualized instruction using a large variety of hands-on, developmentally appropriate learning experiences. Emphasis is placed on a collaborative student/teacher/family relationship.
Classes are offered at the following levels:
- Early childhood/kindergarten (3 - 6 years) full and half day option
- Elementary (6 through 9 years, grades 1, 2, 3)
- Elementary (9 through12 years, grades 4, 5, 6)